Monday, May 9, 2011

Steelcase Duathlon

Starting run #2
Coming into t1

Little brother and I before the start


Rachel, baby, and I


Well, Spring is finally here. I am coming off my best training week of the year so far, but still some work to be done before Eagleman. I am getting close, but still need a few more solid sessions/races. I had a solid weekend of an 8 mile tempo run yesterday and then today was a solid 5 hours on the bike followed by a short t run. It was tough, especially after the sessions I did during the week. I think I am going to be hitting peak form just in time for Eagleman.


School is coming to a quick close. Soon enough our baby will be here and I'll have more time to train...well really, more time to recover (if the baby sleeps well? hopefully?). I probably put in 20 hours this week and won't hit much more than that this summer. Not having to go to work in the summer allows me much more flexibility with my training and my ability to recover goes through the roof! Really hoping to make a nice jump in fitness as the summer goes on, but first Eagleman.


Rachel is feeling good and we're getting really close to having our baby's room all done. It's been a little more work than I think we anticipated, but it's all good.


Next up, another solid week of training and then Starkermann Duathlon this coming weekend. Looking forward to laying down another good effort to help me get to a new level.


Thanks for reading.

No comments: