Saturday, June 26, 2010

Getting There

Well, it's been a crazy couple of weeks. Rachel and I just got back from being in Michigan for a week. Her sister got married and then we were spending time with family and seeking out various opportunities. I will have some pictures from our trip up soon.

There's nothing like being in northern Michigan during the summer. The weather is perfect...high 70s and sunny almost daily. The scenery is awesome and the lifestyle is so much more laid back.

My collarbone is healing nicely and I plan to start some real exercise next week. It is going to be a rough July getting back in shape, but I think by the end of the summer I should be back in top form. I am fortunate to have my summers off from teaching, but I have been plenty busy with traveling as of late and also my coaching. It was kind of odd, the week after my bike incident happened I picked up a nice crew of athletes. It's almost as if they knew I was going to have lots of free time on my hands. Anyways, it's been a pleasure working with the various athletes that I am.

Speaking of that, this is long overdue with me having very limited internet access while I was away...but I wanted to congratulate Melissa Mckendry on her 6th place overall finish at the Old Point Tidewater International Triathlon. I have also worked with Juliet Adams this year and she was able to take 2nd place overall at the Old Point Sprint Tri. If I told you how little Juliet trained you would not believe it...they key is what you're doing with the time you spend training. She has been a huge asset to me this year with my swimming as she runs Stroke Focus in VA Beach. Carol Cohee up in the Boston area completed the 150 mile Brewery to Brewery ride with over 7,ooo feet of climbing. Talk about a big accomplishment. Lastly, Tad Derrick finished in the top 15 at Old Point Sprint. Tad is fresh out of high school and has a bright future ahead of him.

That's about it for now. I see the doctor on Monday again to see how well I have healed up. I can't wait to get back training and racing.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: