Monday, March 14, 2011

Sickness, bball, and old friends

It's been a busy couple of weeks since I last wrote. The week after our jv season ended I was helping our varsity get ready for districts. I played with the kids a bit to help give them a better look. Not sure if it helped at all, but we seemed ready to play against Harbor Springs. We lost by about 10 and they went on the win the district. I really believe our kids can win this district the next few years, but it's going to take a bigger commitment outside of the basketball season...mainly during the summer.

I got quite sick the end of last week. It was likely strep throat, but the doctor wasn't 100% so he treated me as if I had it. I think he was probably right and the antibiotics helped. It still took me a few days to get over it, but I feel back to normal now. Better now than during the summer. It never fails...getting sick once or twice a year. A lot of it has to do with being at school and dealing with kids all the time. It doesn't help all the training suppresses the immune system a bit, but it's part of the process. I tried being smart about things training wise once I felt the sickness coming, but it wasn't soon enough. Some bugs you're just going to get regardless of how cautious you are.

Friday night I made my way down to Detroit to watch the Red Wings beat Edmonton with some friends from high school. It had been a while since we got together and it was a really fun weekend just catching up with everyone and reminiscing about old times. We saw a heckuva good hockey game too!

I think Spring has finally arrived with it being in the mid to high 40s all week and some rain later in the week. i plan on being outside on the bike for the first time this year. I hope it works out as i'm anxious to start putting in some more bike miles.

I wanted to share this article. It's about my good friend Janda Ricci Munn's dad, who passed away on Sunday. He was a very inspiring man.

No comments: