Monday, April 18, 2011

TGIS 5k

Not a bad start to the running/multi-sport season. I needed to see where I was at with my running and so I jumped in a local 5k. Not a ton of great competition, but a few guys in the low 17s or so. The race funds all went towards the Gaylord running program so you can't go wrong there. Anything to help keep kids running is worth it's while. Ran a 16:42. I think that's actually a PR, but I don't run too many 5ks. I ran about the same at a duathlon last year. I was pleased with my effort and was pretty close to doing what I thought I would. The weather was cruddy...40 and rain with some wind so not really your ideal running conditions. It'd be nice to really get that down closer to 16 flat by the time summer rolls around, but we'll see. It's more important to keep things improving in all 3 disciplines. Next stop...Starkermann Duathlon in a few weeks. My Dad and little brother Daniel (6) ran too. Both ran well and Daniel just loves it. He very well could be the best athlete out of all of us. That's about it for now...gotta go train. Rachel is feeling good. About 12 weeks until our baby arrives. We can't wait to meet him or her.

No comments: